Monday, March 5, 2012

First Day of School for T and Maddy


Today T and Maddy started their first day of school.  They get to go to preschool two days a week from 9-3 and here's the real kicker....it's for FREE.  Seriously, this country is so great.  I am not making this stuff up!  The government pays for it as an incentive to get kids to participate in an early learning program before they enter school.  I'm all for it.  I was worried that it was such a long day and that they would be worn out, hungry, tired and cranky.  Nope, they loved it.  They played hard, ate well, cleaned and participated with the class.  I think they just loved getting out to a new environment with new toys to play with.  So two full days of school plus the hour class at the elementary school, this is finally what it feels like to have all my kids in school.  There's that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I've been dreaming of.  I have a long list of things I'd like to do already.  Serenity now.  Don't get me wrong, I will miss them but this is good for everyone for the time being.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I am beginning to wonder if you are going to come home! It sounds great there.