Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sweet Home California

It was sad to say good bye to New Zealand, a place we have been happy to call home the past few months. Many tears were shed as we had to say good bye to the people we have come to know and love so dearly, the places we have become so familiar with and the sites we have had the pleasure to see. My heart aches just writing this thinking back of what fond memories I leave behind in a place that has been such a tremendous blessing to each of us individually and as a family. I know I will never be the same and I hope that I won't be because of the personal experiences I've had there.

But we will also look back at all the fun times we had and the laughs we've made together. I'm happy to have kept this blog just for our family if for no one else. It’s a family journal of our journey we had together in a foreign land.

What I will remember is the 5600 plus miles we drove together all over the North Island seeing as much as we could and loving our time together. With that came many tired moments in the car.


















I'll miss how no matter where we went or what we did, Walker some how in his infinite ways seemed to find a stick to carry around with him.  Not sure why, not sure what it did for him but he sure does love a good stick of any shape or size.





I'm going to miss Abby's amazing group of friends and how well they all treated each other.  I will miss how they showed respect for one another and how they gave her more confidence in herself in the short period of time we were there.  I'm glad she met these wonderful and precious girls whom she will always be friends with. 


But alas, we are home and ready to start our lives here again in Cali.  And what a better way to kick things off than with the first snow cone of the year!  Life can be good no matter where you are.  It's who you're with!

3 comments:

Tara Kim said...

Thanks for sharing your trip I have enjoyed reading about it and welcome home!

Gail and Jenee said...

Such an amazing experience, blog, and family! LOVE YOU SO!!

Laurie said...

Welcome home! Now let's have ourselves a girl's night out!