Friday, May 11, 2012

How do you measure a year?


Our sweet boy T turned 5 this week.  It's crazy to believe he's 5 and ready to join in on all the "big kid" stuff like school and .....well, that's about it.  He's excited to start school in the fall but I think the shock will come when he realizes he's not in the same class as his older brother who'll be in the 3rd grade!  I'll let that one play out in August.

So driving in the car on the day of his birthday we had quite the conversation:

T: "Mom, I don't really feel like I'm 5."

Mom: "Well, what do you have to do to feel 5?"

T: "I don't know, I just don't feel 5."

Mom: "Do you think you can run faster? (Cuz that seems to be the measure of all amazing and new things like a new pair of shoes or a blender.)

T: "I don't think so but I can try to race Maddox.  I bet I can win for sure."

Mom:  "Then you'll really feel 5 I bet.  You also must be a little taller so you have that going on."

T:  "Hmmm, but I just don't feel it."

Mom: "It's your birthday all day so you have a full day to 'feel it'."

(Silence, silence.)

Ah, I made some sort of sence to a new 5 yr old, so I thought

T: "Maybe if you got me an axe I could try to cut down a tree.  That would make me feel 5"

Mom: "Well, maybe for a birthday present."

T:  "Yesssssss."


He is such a funny kid.  Where does he come up with this stuff?  This little boy has such an imagination and sense of humor that is unique to the other kids in the family.  We love his energy, his excitement for new things, his smile and his laugh.  I love that he is who he wants to be and doesn't care what the world thinks.  Just take a look at multiple his outfits he spends many, many hours in.  If you don't believe me ask any cashier at Target, Albertsons, the Pizza store, AT & T cel phone store, Rite Aid,  the Post Office, Elementary school and Costco.   And that's just been a few places we've been this week.

T at 3 yrs old
T at 4 yrs old

















Dressing up at school.

New Birthday "outfit".

 We love this little guy and hope he never changes loving who he is or who he dresses up to be.

*Disclosure - T did NOT get an axe for his birthday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. melange grey