Friday, February 12, 2010

Beautiful Leonard

I saw a man today. 

I saw a man while sitting in the waiting room of a medical facility. 

I saw this woman pushing this man who I  assume was her husband. 

I saw this man and woman who look most likely to  be  in their early 80's. 

I saw them sitting waiting for their named to be called. 

"Leonard."

I saw the woman push Leonard in his wheelchair towards the door as his name was called. 

I saw a bronze name badge pinned to Leonard's shirt. 

I felt the tears well up in my eyes over this beautiful man, this beautiful couple. 

That beautiful woman taking care of her husband who from the presence of a name badge may or may not know his name from time to time.  

If he needed his name pinned to his shirt I wonder what else he may not remember.

 

Thank you beautiful couple for touching my heart on this great Valentines weekend when I was starting to forget what true love looks like. 

It's not commercial.  It's real!

No comments: