Friday, January 29, 2010

Frogs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails

Isn’t that what little boys are made of?

I’m still getting used to the fact that I am going to raise 3 boys.  To me boys have always been dirty little creatures who love mud, bugs and picking their noses.  When it comes to animals I thought they all loved every creature on God’s great earth and especially any thing that could fit in their pockets.  So it was quite a surprise when I found a huge frog on our front walkway.  Ok, not so much the frog itself but more what my two boys did with this frog.

We wanted to catch it but who was going to pick it up and put it in a box was the real dilemma. 

Walker convinced Talmage to put it in a glass jar.  Talmage was too afraid to touch it so he just held out the jar hoping it would hop right in. 

frog catching

Walker didn’t want to touch it himself so he got some gardening gloves and still would only come in 3 feet of the frog. 

frog grabbing

So they had a brilliant idea.  Rig a trap with a dead snail for food.  When the frog goes to eat the dead snail it will get trapped under the box. 

frog trapping

Then they waited patiently…..

frog watching

Frog got away.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Be thankful! There are many things I've learned to handle, but thank goodness my boys know better than to bring me creatures!

Uzi said...

oh my gosh, they are so funny! I can only imagine the hilarity that will come when Maddox becomes the guinea pig.