Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

As you all may know, if you have kids in school they really do a good job helping kids understand and appreciate the different holidays. This mother's day was no exception. It was Walker's first year in preschool so it has been full of fun events all year long. Although I have to admit that this one was the best! They invited the mothers to come to school for a Mother's Day Tea Party. I walked into Walkers class and he eagerly greeted me, took my hand and led me to the table where we'd be sitting. He pulled my chair out and sat beside me and gave me a gift. What a gentleman. Who's teaching him this stuff? The gift was a necklace he made in class that was a compilation of a porcelain heart a few beads one being the shape of a cat that is classic. Then we had lunch. They served the mom's salad and a roll and the kids had chips and mini corn dogs, followed by lemon pound cake. Then they read us a story and we could go home from there. I really had a good time with Walker. It is VERY rare that he and I spend time alone together. I need to do more of that because we enjoyed ourselves and it was fun to do something just for him. He's such a great boy and I love him dearly. Here's to many more years (so long as the school system probes them to do something) of mothers day celebrations.

1 comment:

Uzi said...

Ok, LOVE the hair and LOVE Walker! He's such a little Uzelac! You can for sure tell you're his mom!